Apr 2, 2019
So you want to start a podcast? Awesome! Podcasting has changed
my life. Connecting with new people, strengthening relationships
with old friends, and it’s opened up doors to new opportunities
that I never thought I would have. Here's my guide below on
starting your podcast:
Designing A Podcast
Answer these questions first (3:55)
- Why is it important to you?
- Why should people listen?
- How are you helping your audience?
Speak to those who know you best (4:44)
- Does your idea make sense to them?
- Ask three people for their advice.
Research Other Podcasts (6:40)
- Disaggregate how they host their podcast.
Podcast Structure (6:45)
- Introduction (Welcoming audience / introduction music)
- Overview (What’s to come on the show)
- Sponsor Plug (if applicable)
- Body (Heart of the episode)
- Conclusion (Closing remarks, next time, call to action)
Podcast Episode Ideas/Topics (8:50)
- Writing down ideas on Notes app.
Creating an Outline (9:50)
- Fill outline with Key words / phrases.
Do a Trial Run (11:00)
- How did it come across?
- Any areas to improve?
- Any areas to expand?
- Boom Arm
- Wind/Noise Condenser
- Mac – Garageband
- PC or Mac – Zencastr
- PC – Audacity
Check out our
Check out the
out our Sponsor.